Symptoms of Toxic Mold Exposure

symptoms-of-toxic-moldIf you spend an extended amount of time in any enclosed space—this may be either home or work—then you need to be aware of the dangers of black mold poisoning. Black mold is actually a fungus called Stachybotrys, and this fungus releases spores and dangerous toxins into the air that, once gaining entry into the body, can cause a wide array of very troubling—sometimes even deadly—health problems. Here’s what you need to know about the symptoms of toxic mold exposure:

How does toxic black mold enter the body? There are three ways in which Stachybotrys spores and mycotoxins can enter the body, and they are equally dangerous. The most common method of entry is through the lungs. Black mold toxins easily become airborne and circulate through enclose spaces by way of air handling systems. This makes it all too easy to breathe in toxic black mold. If you handle a material that is infested with toxic mold, then it can enter your body through your skin. Additionally, black mold toxins can enter the blood stream through the lungs, as well as through the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes, and mouth.

What are the symptoms of black mold poisoning? The scariest thing about Stachybotrys exposure is that it can affect every single system of your body. Symptoms are so various that it’s often difficult to pinpoint the culprit until damage has been done. They include sore throats, difficulty breathing, rashes and other skin irritation, coughing and wheezing, depression and anxiety, nausea, memory loss, heart arrhythmia, high blood pressure, and internal bleeding, among other things.

Seeking treatment for toxic black mold exposure. It is important that you seek treatment for poisonous mold exposure right away if you think you’ve spent time in a space that might be housing Stachybotrys mold colonies. Ideally, you should be checked out by a physician as soon as you know about the black mold growth; however, more often than not, people who have been exposed to toxic mold only suspect the real culprit after experiencing unexplainable symptoms for an extended period of time. Once you decide to seek treatment, it is important that you not reenter the “sick air” space again until it has been cleared of poisonous black mold growth.

Poisonous Stachybotrys fungus is a serious problem that requires serious attention. If you suspect that your home has been invaded by this very dangerous toxic mold, then you must act quickly and responsibly to protect your family’s health. The best way to have full assurance that your black mold problem will be fully eradicated is to recruit professional help.

If you are in danger of being exposed to black mold poisoning, you need to make sure you call a trained professional to help you.  There are professional black mold companies that will help you take the right steps to protecting your family.

Don’t waste another minute thinking about it, get help for your symptoms of toxic mold exposure.

Tagged with:

Filed under: Symptoms of Mold

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!